Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: After the Boston Marathon
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

After the Boston Marathon


"The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything."
– William Connor Magee

 

Tony and I have registered for this Sunday’s, Minors Revenge Marathon, and I hope that Jonathan joins us for this trail running event. This week we have been tapering and I will let you know about my effectiveness. One idea on tapering is to run relatively short distances at a fast clip. This past week I have cut my distances considerably, but not my pace. I should be well rested.

On another note, there is going to be a change for Wolverine football this fall. Previously, Jim Brandstatter had been handling the color, on the radio. Jim is one of the football players that I profiled in my manuscript “Bo’s Warriors.” Jim will be now handling play-by-play and joined by Dan Dierdorf. Dan was an All-American at Michigan and has been inducted into the professional football Hall of Fame. He recently retired from CBS. Incidentally, Dan was born in Canton, Ohio.

I talked with Jim about Dan’s joining him in the booth and he’s excited. These former teammates played the same offensive position-tackle under Bo Schembechler. In any event, Go Blue!

In the meantime, keep moving, smiling, laughing, bonding, loving and appreciating as it’s good for you Minors revenge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment