Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Running a Half Marathon
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Running a Half Marathon

Running a Half Marathon
Today, I plan to run a half marathon event In Cool. I simply want to start increasing my running mileage in order to get ready for my 50 K upcoming season. I have been running but not long distances since August.
During August, I chose to run shorter distances in part because of the weather, and in part because Tony was taken care of Debbie. Then, in September I was focusing on my book launch “Bo’s Warriors” and once again didn’t put in long distance runs. While we were in Michigan I simply ran to keep in condition which I did.
Shortly after getting back from Michigan, Linda had a knee replacement and I continued with my brief running distance and time away from Linda. This past week she suggested that I run the half marathon. With her “Okay,” I plan to increase my running mileage.
So today will be my first competitive run since July, when I did the” Eppies Great Race.” I will let you know how it went. Tony, Randall and Madhu will be there today.

Note, the keys from my prescription in “It Has Nothing to Do with Age” include numbers: 1, 2, 3 and 5. These prescriptions for a healthier lifestyle are related to-keep moving, laughing, smiling, loving, bonding and appreciating. And don’t forget it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment