Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Born in the USA
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Born in the USA

"Living well and beautifully and justly are all one thing."
– Socrates

  My 75th Birthday

Tuesday was my last trail run in my first 74 years. My trail run today was about 12 ½ miles. I decided to take Tony’s advice and run for at least 57(reversing number 75) miles for the week. On Sunday, I ran a little over 21 miles and a little over 6 miles on Monday. So in my first three days of the week, I totaled over 40 miles. My birthday run today will total 8 to 10 miles with Madhu. That means, I will easily reach my goal of over 57 miles on “Turkey Day.
After a good couple months of easy running, I’m starting to increase my mileage for 2015. On New Year’s Day,  I have registered for a 10 mile trail run (Resolution Run). I also registered for a 50 K (Jed Smith) for February 7, 2015. In December, I plan to register for a 50 K (Way Too Cool) held March 2015.

I must admit I been somewhat distracted as a result of the marketing of Bo’s Warriors-Bo Schembechler and the Transformation of Michigan Football. There have been presentations to the University of Michigan Alumni Association, radio interviews, etc. But now I have to get more serious with my running.

Activities associated with my book have been fun, but simply running on the trail has been a way of life for me. It has provided me with excellent health, friendship and pleasure. In other words, it’s been good for my physical and mental health.


Life has been good as I figured out what works for me. In closing, keep moving, laughing, smiling, bonding, loving and appreciating. Further, beat Ohio State
.  Go Blue!

0 comments:

Post a Comment